Over the course of the last three years, as teachers asked for assistance with the implementation of the Common Core State Standards, three questions consistently came up:
- What is the research that governs why we are being asked to shift instruction?
- What curricular resources will support our move to the CCSS? and
- What instructional moves are well matched to the CCSS?
The third question, however, was not well addressed and thus the impetus for this Sourcebook. Listed below are 10 moves educators can take into their classrooms. Each move comes with a short description, links to resources and where applicable, video lesson demonstrations.
This document will likely be updated over the next few months so note the version you are using in the footer and check either www.coretaskproject.com or www.63000resources.com for the most current version. The moves include:
- Cold Call
- Keep It Or Junk It
- Stand Up, Hand Up, Pair Up
- Quiz, Quiz, Trade
- Four Corners
- Teaching Conflict & Characterization
- Close Reading
- You, Y’all, We
- Stop and Jot
- Text at the Center of Instruction
You can find the Sourcebook here.